0800 1313 126
Advice Line: 01785 895836
Hempstalls Primary School is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for children, staff and visitors and promoting a climate where children and adults will feel confident about sharing any concerns which they may have about their own safety or the well-being of others. We aim to safeguard and promote the welfare of children by protecting them from maltreatment; preventing impairment of children’s health or development; ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
Hempstalls Primary School Safeguarding Policy Purpose and Aims:
- Building resilience - raising awareness of child protection issues and equipping children with the language and skills needed to keep them safe. Establishing a safe environment in which children can learn and develop within an ethos of openness;
- Supporting vulnerable pupils - supporting pupils who have been abused, have witnessed violence towards others or may be vulnerable to abuse
- Preventing unsuitable people from working with children - ensuring we practice safe recruitment in checking the suitability of staff and volunteers to work with children.
- The child’s welfare is of paramount importance, we are a child centered school.
- We maintain a professional attitude of ‘it could happen here’ where safeguarding is concerned. When concerns about the welfare of a child, staff members will always act in the best interests of the child. This policy has been developed in-conjunction with our school culture of prevention, protection and support.
- Our school will continue to maintain an ethos where pupils feel secure, are encouraged to talk, are listened to and feel safe. Children at our school are encouraged to talk freely with any staff member at our school if they are worried or concerned about something. We follow the below guidance: what-to-do-if-you are-worried-a-child-is-being-abused
- Raising awareness of child protection issues and equipping children with the language and skills needed to keep them safe. Establishing a safe environment in which children can learn and develop within an ethos of openness.
Designated Safeguarding Lead
Name: Amy Bell
Their office is located next to the Main Entrance
Their telephone number is 01782 950082
Designated Safeguarding Deputy
Name: Julie Hemmings ¦ Karen Timmis
Their office: Year 2 Classroom ¦ Year 2 Classroom
Name: Mrs Amanda Evans